First of all, I just wanted to say that your comments, suggestions, and answers to my questions throughout Project Sewing 101 have been very appreciated and taken to heart. During this post today, I will highlight a few of your comments, addressing how they applied and helped me succeed in the latest project in my studies, the Crafty Caddy.
For the most part, I enjoyed making this bag. It was a lot more work than any of the projects have been so far. I did butcher a few parts of it, including sewing the inside lining dividers folded side NOT up, not realizing my mistake until the whole bag was sewn together. So, I had to add these lame patches to cap them:
The bottom of this caddy was to be reinforced with heavy duty interfacing. I really didn't know much about it, and asked in a previous project if I had used the correct type. Monica directed me to a very helpful article about it online. Melinda & Duni helped me to figure out what brands and type I should be looking for for this type of project:
I am definitely getting better with sewing rounded corners thanks to more practice and some very helpful tips from Lin , Erika , & Judy . After notching where needed, pinning to a degree of overlap, slowing WAY down on my stitching, and stopping to readjust pins as needed, I feel confident and in control of rounded corners. I had to rip out the seams on the outside part a few times, but I think it looks OK. I'm most proud of the perfect rounded lining.
So thanks all for your help! You've really made a difference for me in understanding what the heck the book was leaving out. Now, if I could just get single binding down (currently working on some quilted place mats!)
Today I'm linking up with Artful Rising's It's a Wrap Party .