Last week I continued to work from . The second project was to make a set of napkins with mitered corners and double edging. I really enjoyed this project as well:
This was just enough of a challenge that I felt like I was learning something new without being overwhelming or too hard to understand. My stitches are still on the wonky side here and there, and some of the corners have loose thread, but I definitely enjoyed the process. These napkins don't really match our kitchen, but I made them with a friend in mind. So hopefully she'll forgive the weird stitches:)
I did, however, remember that I have some beautiful linen curtains we no longer need for our bedroom since we installed blinds. Those are getting cut up right now- they will match our kitchen beautifully, and I'd like some additional practice with this skill. PLUS, I've got enough left over linen to make project #3 in my book, a table runner with silverware pockets, so it'll all match nicely:
My hope is to have all of that linen goodness to show off next week! So stay tuned!